Play Code:Red and you can win funding for your climate innovation project!
Code:Red is a highly innovative game blending the virtual, physical, made-up and real worlds. The game invites its players to share their views on the climate crisis and to propose innovative ideas to respond to it, with a chance of winning funding – all while solving a mystery and having fun!
Even though the game happens in a digital alternate reality, it also gives you an opportunity to discuss the very real impacts of the climate crisis and potential responses to it. These insights will be presented to leaders and participants during the Planet:Red Summit.
In one chapter of the game, you will also be asked to pitch your idea for an innovative climate project – and you could actually win funding for it! There will be up to 40,000 CHF in funding available for the most interesting climate innovation projects proposed during the Code:Red game.
Terms and Conditions
- Only current staff and volunteers from National Societies will be considered for funding. Funding will be distributed to the winning projects via the respective National Society.
- Applications can be made in writing (no more than 1 page), or by video or audio (no more than 1 minute long).
- Applications should outline ‘Innovative ideas for projects that address the climate crisis in your local community’.
- All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:00 AM (midnight) CEST on the 7th October.*
- A panel of judges from the IFRC Secretariat will assess the applications and select the winners.
- Judges will assess the applications on the following criteria 1) Overall innovation of the idea; 2) clear description of the problem that the project is trying to address; 3) clear description of the target group and 4) clear description of how the project/idea will make an impact and what that impact will be.
- The judging panel may seek further information from the winning candidates before making its decision.**